USA Cycling knows that Cyclcross season is just around the corner and published a pretty decent guide to racing your first cyclcross race. The article includes the gear you need for a race, how you should prepare, and things to bring to the track with you. This article inspired me to do a quick wrapup of a bunch of training articles and beginner guides to cyclcross to help out my fellow readers.
Beginner Cyclocross Guides and Training Plans:
- 303Cycling Cyclocross Basic Training Routine
- Bicycling.com Cyclocross Training Plan
- BikeSnob NYC’s Guide To Cyclocross
- Cyclocross Magazine Beginner Articles
- Cyclocross Magazine FAQ’s
- CycleOps Cyclocross Strength Training Guide
- Cyclophiliac Article On Dismounts and Remounts
- Ken Hart Cyclocross Training Plan
- NerveRush Beginner Cyclocross Guide
- Frank Overton Cyclocross Training Plans
- Road.CC’s Guide to Cyclocross Racing
- TrainingPeaks’ Cyclocross Skills and Training Programs
Cyclocross Skills Videos:
Be sure to check the playlist in the top left hand corner. There are a lot of skills videos added.